Do this because
Enjoy a comedy horror sightseeing tour through York
See the sights of one of England's most haunted cities
Let your creepy conductor's narration send chills down your spine
What to expect
Let the darker side of York's history send a chill down your spine as you discover the city’s dark and terrible secrets. Board the Necrobus and get ready to embark on a 75-minute theatrical sightseeing tour.
Enjoy a comedy horror journey around York's seedier past as your creepy conductor shows you the sights from a classic 1960s Routemaster bus. The on-board actors and eerily decorated bus will ensure you have the spookiest ride in town.
Learn about the sinister side of many of York's most famous landmarks including Clifford’s Tower, York Minster, and Dick Turpin's grave. Let your imagination run wild as you hear about the ghosts that reside within the medieval walls of one of England's spookiest cities.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitised between use
Tour in a Necrobus
City Centre West, York YO24 1AA, UK
Meet at the bus stop (RE) by York Station on Station Road by the Royal York Hotel.
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
The Ghost Bus Tours
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.
Important to know
- Unfortunately the bus is not wheelchair accessible
- The tour requires good weather, if your tour is canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Smoking, eating, and drinks other than bottled water are not permitted while onboard
- The local operator takes no responsibility for items left on the bus. Personal items are carried at the owners risk and local operator can take no responsibility for items damaged or lost.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the tour start time