Do this because
Visit the Empire State Building in the heart of NYC
Choose between standard or skip-the-line tickets
Take in 360-degree unobstructed views of the city from above
Enjoy two attractions for the price of one (Observatory and the interactive museum)
What to expect
The World’s Most Famous Building is a must-see attraction in the heart of Manhattan, with its Observatory’s spectacular indoor and outdoor 360-degree views. Be transported while immersed in the rich history as you journey through this Art Deco masterpiece including the landmarked Fifth Avenue lobby and murals. In the new entrance, guests are greeted by a grand staircase with a two-story architectural model of the building, including a high-tech LED exhibit that celebrates lighting ceremonies performed by famous celebrity guests.
Travel back in time on the 2nd-floor as you witness the evolution of the Empire State Building with interactive and immersive exhibits, from the days of construction in the 1920s to cementing its place in the pop culture of today. View the Empire State Building's original floor plans, understand how the building became a leader in sustainability, learn about the tenants who work on the hidden floors and watch highlights of the building's starring role in films since the 1930s.
The revamped 80th floor features exciting, artistic exhibits and an opportunity to create a customized NYC itinerary with NYC & Company’s Above and Beyond kiosks. Make your way up to the 86th floor Observatory, outfitted with heaters to heat the deck during colder months, so you can stay warm while taking in the spectacular views of the Big Apple. Finally, reach the jewel at the top of the center of NYC--the newly renovated 102nd floor, with floor-to-ceiling windows and glass elevator with sound and light effects.
Along with a gift shop filled with exclusive items, there are eight in-building dining options including the contemporary cuisine of STATE Grill and Bar and Tacombi, an authentic taqueria. Located at the center of it all, the Empire State Building is an easy walk from Times Square and just steps to Macy’s, Madison Square Garden and Penn Station.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitised between use
Visitors are required to bring and wear masks
Guides and all other staff are required to wear masks
Visit to the Observatory on the 86th floor
Free Multimedia App available for download from the App Store or Google Play
Empire State Building Observatory - 20 West 34th Street, New York, NY 10001
- Please refer to the calendar for updated availability
- Hours are subject to change
Empire State Building Observatory
Important to know
- Masks are optional for guests, as they are no longer required to wear anymore
- You'll receive your tickets instantly after purchase
- Skip-the-line tickets allow guests to skip all lines and go straight to the Observatory
- Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 5 days after the purchase date
- There are no locker storage facilities for personal belongings
- All visitors will be subject to airport-style security screening. Below is a list of items that are not permitted. The list is not exhaustive, so if you are unsure about an item, you are asked not to bring it
- Any questions and uncertainties should be referred to the Security Officers on duty
- All weapons are prohibited, including firearms, ammunition, knives, swords, scissors, mace, any dangerous items, and any dual-use items that could be dangerous
- Following items are prohibited: glass items, including bottles, glasses, marbles, alcoholic beverages, cans, bottles, flasks, professional cameras, equipment and camera stands: monopods, bipods, tripod, sports equipment such as skateboards, roller skates, golf clubs, baseball bats, hockey sticks, baseballs, footballs, tennis balls, costumes, masks, etc
- Do not bring musical or marking instruments, including spray paint and markers
- Large packages, suitcases, carry-on luggage and other such parcels are prohibited
- Free, high-speed WiFi is available
- Signage and app is available in nine languages