Do this because
See the Buda Castle area and learn about the rich history of this place in a small-group experience
Visit the Fisherman’s Bastion and Matthias Church
Enjoy a break for coffee with a traditional Hungarian pastry
What to expect
Get a historical overview of the Buda Castle district, with a private walk through the small cobblestone streets and squares. Feel the medieval history around you, when your guide will lead you through the castle area and the historical points and tell you about the roles it played throughout the Hungarian history.
This tour takes you back in time and tells you how the Castle Hill was originally built and designed. How the whole area was used over the centuries by many different cultures and nations. Walk through these major historical points and learn how the castle district survived and helped its inhabitants defend and live through invasions and occupations for centuries. Learn the secrets of the Buda castle hill!
During this tour you will see the major areas of Royal Palace, Presidential palace, Disz Square, Holy Trinity Square, Hess Andras Square and Fisherman’s Bastion. We'll also show you around inside the Matthias Church and tell its stories and legends. You will also take a break for coffee and cake in a cosy Café of the Castle District.
English speaking guide
Entrance to Matthias Church
Coffee stop with dessert
What’s not included
Szentharomsag ter, 1014 Budapest
Meet your guide in Buda Castle District 1014 Szentharomsag Ter, next to the Holy Trinity statue in the middle of the square.
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.
Important to know
- Participants will need to be prepared for light continuous walking, for up to 2.5 hours
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- Please wear modest clothing (covering shoulders and thighs) for entering churches
- Male visitors are requested to enter with their head bare unless this is against their religion
- The minimum number of purchasable tickets is 2 for each kind